Pratt’s Garden Centre – Manager
Pratt’s Garden is Muskoka’s newest and premier garden centre. Our garden Centre acts as our company’s touch point with our clients and plays an integral role in the guest experience.
We are looking for a passionate, organized and ‘people person focused’ individual to lead our floor team and celebrate our brand!
We have an amazing team of people and expect to attract a like minded individual who is passionate about the industry and excited to leap into new ventures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Training and developing top tier sales staff
- Train staff to assist customers with purchases
- Keep a clean and organized store
- Manage inventory, initiate orders & Process transactions
- Close and reconcile tills at end of day – Assist with Deposits
- Make funny jokes
- Consult with landscape crews on appropriate plant choises
- Knowledge to maintain all POS equipment, scanners, debit machines and printers
- Trouble shoot and seek outside help when required
- Assist with coverage for holidays/sick days and peek times of business
- Communicate new programs with cashiers and customer service.
- Must be self aware and able to laugh at themselves
- Maintain regular contact with existing customer base
- Have the flexibility to work in any other temporary assignments as required
- Bring up problems to your Manager when needed
- Experience in retail sales is required
- Good knowledge of the growing and care of plant materials
- Accept your boss may not know everything and that sometimes we will have to figure things out on the fly
- Be able to work in a fast paced and constantly changing retail environment.
- Work well independently and with a team even though some of us are crazy.
- Ability to train and motivate other staff as needed.
- Ability to listen and understand customer needs.
- Flexibility in Work Schedule
- Physically fit - able to stand, walk and assist with 30-50 lb packages
- Eye for trends and how to use them horticulturally
- Motivated, self disciplined individual with a strong work ethic.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org